Financial Mentors - Kaiarahi Pae Ahumoni
Te Pae Ahumoni
A free financial mentoring service to help you wrangle your money.
We can help with:
- Preparation of budgets and cashflows - working towards a balanced budget and a working cashflow;
- Negotiations with creditors / managing debt;
- Information and education about banks, credit unions, loan companies and other financial services, and how they work;
- Computer support to get into your bank account, myIRD and myMSD to retrieve your information;
- Credit checks;
- Support/advocacy at meetings with WINZ /banks/creditors;
- Fulfilling agent duties for whānau who are unable to access services;
- Developing conversation guides you can use in meetings with service providers or creditors;
- Working through financial packages - No Asset Procedures, Summary Instalment Orders and Bankruptcy.
Find out more: call us on 437 0908 or call into 165 William Jones Drive to make an appointment.
NEW: Workshop series
A new series of practical workshops designed to help you achieve your financial goals.
Each week we'll feature something new. This week: Kāinga: affordable housing
Work and Income: www.workandincome.govt.nz https://my.msd.govt.nz
Housing NZ: www.hnzc.co.nz or 0800 801 601 or email@example.com
www.sorted.org.nz impartial financial advice and resources
www.settled.govt.nz independant information for home buyers
Looking for a whare to rent?
These steps must be done to support your situation prior to asking for housing support from Te Hau Awhiowhio o Otangarei Trust.
- If in need of Emergency Housing Register at Work & Income (WINZ). You will get an appointment with Taitokerau Emergency Housing who will contact you. Phone 0800 559 009 to make an appointment at WINZ.
- Whānau need to be actively looking for rental properties before you can register for a Housing NZ home through Ministry of Social Development (MSD). MSD will want to see proof that you have been looking.
- Do a rental search on the internet, eg Trade Me as well as real estate agent websites. Visit and register with local real estate agents. Check the local paper for private rental listings.
- If you need to download or print registration forms, or use the phone, please ask.
- Keep all your documentation so that you can show you have been looking for a whare. Call MSD on 0800 673 468 to register for HNZ.